Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Havoc in ICU

Hmm I just received my salary today :D My large amount of money will only last for few days because I have so many debts and bills to pay, sighhh life's so hard!
Today I stayed back in ICU for extra one hour because emergency happens everywhere such as emergency chest reopen, emergency reintubation, sudden drop of blood pressure after surgery and etc. All happened in one time. Fuhh! I didn't stay back to help to resuscitate patient or help to reintubate or be scrub nurse in the chest reopen surgery, haha I only act as runner to help them take this take that, do all the easy but very very important tasks and actually I helped a lot okay :D Runner is very the useful punya :D
Talk about the reintubation patient, he is only an 18 year old very skinny teenager. He was just extubated this morning but he has difficulty in breathing in the evening so doctor suggested to insert the tube right into his trachea again ( This is called as intubation lo :) )
Like this.
Doctor explained the procedure to him, she told him if he still cannot tolerate well, she will 'tebuk satu lubang dekat leher sana supaya adik mudah bernafas'. SHE SERIOUSLY SAID THAT. This poor patient got so scared, he kept geleng his head indicating that he doesn't want to be poked and doesn't want that tube, I can see the fear in his eyes, and for sure the doctor was just informing him, not asking for permission so no matter how, the tube still has to be inserted to save his life..how sad.. Countless of drugs were given to him to sedate him so that he cant feel the pain or become restless, me and my friend were there with him throughout the procedure, we held his hand to let him feel that we are always with him. After half an hour of havoc, finally he has been intubated successfully, and his condition turned far better than before, thank God for the amazing skill of the doctors and also the help of the nurses, he does not need to ditebuk lubang dekat leher anymore :)
My conclusion is: We are just so blessed to be born healthy, so be thankful, friends :)
Who says nurses must wear in white and angelic uniform? See me, very the professional juga :D
Nah, i look like this when I dilute drugs everyday :p That's all for today :D

No comments:

Post a Comment