Sunday, September 23, 2012

Thought of the day

Today when I was having lunch with my church leader and friends after church, I chatted with my mum through Line. My church leader asked me why am I so busy? I told her I chat with my mum, and I smiled :) She asked me do I talk to her everyday? I nodded and said yeap! I always try my best to call my parents everyday, just to talk for at least few minutes or listen to their voice.
For some of you this may seem a bit too 'manja' but for me, okay I'm not being negative or cursing my parents, they are in fact quite old already, I cant be with them all the time, I'm always afraid that bad things might happen to them and I cant hear their voice anymore so I appreciate each time when I talk to them. This happened to me before, the last time my grandma called me, I actually spent time to talk to her despite busy studying in study room that time. I walked out of study room and called her back, and we had a really good chat. ( Before that I never bothered to talk to her or call back when I missed her call. bad huh? ) Little did I know that that was the last time I talk to her via phone because few days right after that, her condition got worse due to cancer, she was hospitalized and can never talk properly anymore. After few months of suffering, she's gone :C When I think back, I am really really glad that I listened to my heart and chose to just spend time with my grandma, at least I still remember what was the last thing she told me.
*wipe tears* Okay back to my parents! Yah of course I do feel annoyed and lazy to call them due to the super bad line here, but my self conscious does not allow me to use this as an excuse to not calling them. Oh ya I found my mum's letter for me in year 2010, that was 2 years ago and if I'm not mistaken, I was still in Semester 2 that time.
Cute letter :)
For those of you who cant read or understand mandarin, my mum actually said that she's afraid our relationship will become distant if she does not contact me everyday. I cried when I read this yesterday. Now I'm reminded that she didn't call me just for the sake of calling, she calls me everyday just to make sure that we are still as close as ever even though we are far apart. Guess every mom thinks like that right? :') Hmm to end this long naggy post, I would like to urge all of you out there, spend some time to talk to your parents, or at least just call to say hi. They are getting older and older, getting more and more lonely at home because all of their kids left them to study outside, and I'm sure they miss you all and want to hear your voice. So yeah, call them maybe? :)

3 comments:

  1. bi, add me in Line too! I lost ur number :( u got mine? hee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think i added u le dydy, no? hmm i only can use that when i go out ya, my house no wifi so i hardly can play line la.. next tym when i go out i try to add u again k? :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete